look

Monday, June 14, 2010

'Thanks a Lattee' by Stampin up and me for Fathers day





Happy Monday Stampers!
This morning I got together with 2 of my dear friends. Robyn and Lisa. It is such a gift to be able to hang out with them. They are wise and loving moms and have the most precious children. With 6 kids crawling, running, dancing around us, we sat at the table, talked, shared and made some cards. You should have seen us. Talk about chaos.. But we did it. We know how to pursue our craftiness, I tell you.

I made this Fathers day card for my hubby with the retired stamp set 'Thanks a Latte' from Stampin up. My hubby loves his coffee (and I like my Chai latte).
I tried to make this card not to girly.. Not sure if that goal was reached.. but I so love how it turned out.
I get so excited when a cards gets its own character.. it's own style.. Robyn got some great ideas, which helped me finish it.
  • First I used the scallop trim oval punch around the sentiment.. that didn't look right. Then she suggested to just put a larger size oval shape around it. BINGO. Totally perfect. I so needed that idea.. I can get so stuck and a fresh idea from someone is usually what helps me to finish a card off. Thanks Robyn.
  • I used the Baja Breeze ribbon. (So happy this color is returning in the new 2010 catalogue) + the Soft Suede and Whisper white card stock. For the ink I kept it simple. I used the Baja Breeze and yes, the Soft Suede Classic ink pad. That little twist of dots around those cute cups are from one of my favorite stamp set called: ' Circle circus'.
All that to say.. I am ready for one big mug of Chai Latte.
Now I just need someone to join me. They taste way better with company. Although I should appreciate this time. My hubby is coaching soccer and 2 of our 3 kids are joining him.. One kid left.. peace and quiet.. I think I can handle my Chai by myself tonight.. Only this once!!
Inky hugs, Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline