look

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sock Monkey card by Stampin Up and me

 
Good morning, dear Stampers.
 
Do you remember this cute little face?
It is from the retired Stampin Up Sock Monkey stamp set.
I had some dear friends over to craft and chat yesterday and one of the girls mentioned how she wanted to create a card with Mr or Miss Sock Monkey. I loved her excitement about this stamp set. And it's true, it's the cutest thing, ever. It is just to bad that I forgot to take a photo of the card she made. It was real sweet and so well done.
 
 
 
 
Anyhoo.. later in the evening, while I was cleaning up my craft room Miss. Monkey was still there on the table and I just had to create something with her cute little face. I just couldn't help myself .. the way she looked at me.. Really! She needs to stop that :)
 
This is what I came up with. A very simple and clean card. And I love it!
 

 
 
As you can see, I used the Stampin Up's Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to add some real beautiful texture to my Soft Suede Card stock.
It just gives it that extra touch.
 
 
 
 
This Impressions embossing folder gives each card such a beautiful Natural wood 'look'.  It has the perfect card background for any season. Folder: 4-1/2" x 6-3/8". Use with Big Shot machine, Multipurpose Platform, and Standard Cutting Pads.
 
(#127821 - $9,95)
 

 
 
I added a little (retired) Stampin Up flower brad to ad some extra dimension and cuteness to this card.
 
 
 
 
Here is another close look at this beautiful impression that this folder leaves on your layer of card stock.
 
 
 
 
you know, I can't tell you enough.. how refreshing it was to make an actual card again yesterday.
For the past few weeks, most of what I did was prepping all the layers of the 12 different cards that the ladies were going to finish of / create at the Card Buffet last Sunday.
It was more work than I had expected it to be.
But it was so worth my time and energy!
 
Everyone that came had such a good time connecting, crafting and having fun while creating the cards! And they all went home with some real beauy of cards!  
 
I realised only at the end that I forgot to take pictures. I know.... I would have loved to show you a little glimpse of that fun afternoon.
 
I guess I was just to busy connecting, helping and enjoying myself at the Card Buffet as well..
 
 

 
 
Many of the ladies asked me if there would be another event like this one coming up.
Well, I am happy to tell you, that next year, February,
there will be another Card Buffet for you to join.
I will keep you posted with the details of that one, once that date is coming up closer!
 
Well.. that's it for today dear everyone.
Enjoy your Wednesday and as always I would love to hear from you.
 
Inky hugs, Pauline.
 

2 comments:

  1. lovely, cute and funny card !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtige kaart, Pauline! Mooie kleurencombi en ook hoe je de aap hebt gebruikt vind ik echt gaaf!
    Super!

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline