look

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Welcome Christmas + Northern Frost decorative Strip die by Stampin Up and me.









Good Wednesday Morning dear Stampers. How is your day going? I hope I didn't scare you to much while you were scrolling down this page today. I took this photo of our son and his grandpa on the evening of Halloween, just before the 'trick or treating' started to take place. These 2 had so much fun running around, scaring people and gathering candy. I tell you.. we have enough candy for the whole year that is ahead of us. I wish you could see them. Our littlest one wasn't to impressed when she first saw this silly old man. So sad. She got really scared. Grandpa quickly took of his mask and started to talk to her, but it took her a while before she had her smile back on her little face. The silliness of the day doesn't end here yet. Grandma went that same day for some appointment to the doctor and grandpa came along. Yes, you got that right. He was wearing this mask there as well.. telling the doctor he needed some plastic surgery or something.. I can only imagine the look on this doctors face and the other patients around them in the waiting room... I know.. I know.. Now you know why our kids adore their grandparents.. and what's not to love about them! They are the best!


I am happy to share another card with you today. Last night a dear (Facebook) friend (smile) came over to create some cards with me and grandma. So many times we wanted to connect in the last year.. it just never worked out. I know.. life gets in the way or something. She brought some yummy Raspberry cake that her sister made. O my.. so good.. I am having one right now as we speak.. as I write... :)

We had such a good time. We laughed lots and chatted the evening away and actually made some real cute cards. I really hope we can do it again sometime. (hint, hint)

This is one of the cards I created.


  • Lots of crumb cake card stock from Stampin Up, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.

  • That little snowflake that you see comes from the Northern Frost decorative Strip die from stampin Up (#120901 - $26.95 for 8 different pretty snowflakes) I love them. They are just so crisp and perfect I just rolled it through my Big Shot and voila!

  • That beautiful sentiment that you see on the card is from the 'Welcome Christmas' Stampin Up stamp set (#120597 - $24.95 for a set of 5 stamps).

  • I also used the Top Note die from Stampin Up (#113463 - $26.95) to ad that extra pretty layer to my card.

Well, I hope you will find some space in your day today to create something of beautiful. I know this sure ads to my days.


Pss: The Big Shot promotion from Stampin Up is still going strong! You have until November the 11th, 2011, to become a SU demo and receive the Big Shot fro free. Please contact me for more details. + Stampin Up is offering extra hostess gifts when you host a party in the month of November! Please visit my personal SU webpage for more details.


Inky hugs, Pauline

3 comments:

  1. Leuke kaart weer, Pauline!
    Mooie kleuren en leuke accenten. Echt een kerstkaart!
    En wat een leuke traditie is Halloween, lijkt me erg gezellig.
    Jammer dat ik niet dichter bij je woon, anders was ik graag gekomen om kaarten te maken met je.
    Maar zeg nooit nooit... Wie weet kom ik je ooit eens opzoeken in Canada.
    :-D

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline, this is beautiful! Love the colors and the brad in the center of that snowflake. The colors are so serene and calming for a winter card! Happy November, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh wat een beauty! Prachtig met die "scandinavische" sneeuwvlok en die "decorative strip". Ik ben helemaal wég van de Scandinavische stijl en dit is een juweeltje!
    Wij vieren geen Halloween mar voor de kinderen hier in Nederland is Sint Maarten; bergen snoep haha!
    Leuk die foto van je zoon en zijn opa. Heerlijk dat zij in de buurt zijn want het zal af en toe niet meevallen om zo ver weg van Nederland te zijn....
    Fijne dag, liefs en groeten,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline