look

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cupcake Punch card by Stampin Up and me

Half-back pearls add sparkle and elegance to stamped images, Designer Series Paper, Paper Daises, punched images and more. Adhesive on the back makes them easy to adhere. When you buy these pearls at my Stampin Up online store, you will receive 150 pearls in 3 sizes. Plus, each package contains three 2-5/8'' strips of connected 3 mm pearls just right for borders.

(#119247 - $6.50 for a package of 150+ pearls)
All that to say. Here is my version 1 of the cupcake card. I love the extra bling it has with those elegant pearls.










And version 2 of this cup cake card. But now without the pearls.



This soft and flowing Baja Breeze 1/2 Seam Binding Ribbon (#122331 - $9.50 for 10 yards) just drapes like silk. And adds such delicate look to these cards, don't you think?



Besides making our cards, we were also very busy prepping for the Christmas Ball that is coming up real soon. We made loads of these huge Candy Cane swirls. This picture was taking after 12 pm in the night.. I know.. don't I look wide awake?



Good Wednesday afternoon dear Stampers.


Wow, did we ever wake up in a Winter Wonderland this morning. We live on a hill here in Calgary and I saw many people struggling to not get stuck in the snow. For me it was a perfect day to stay inside and cozy up. Of course I had to bring the kids to school today, but I was glad that we could walk there and that I didn't need to 'snowfree' our car!




On another note.. I have to say that I am in love with the Cupcake punch. Actually I am in love with all my punches and I used many of them on these 2 cards. I got excited when I found out that at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog They encouraged us to use 'punches or dies! Well that challenge fitted right into my crea-alley.. And off I went! I am sure you recognise the Lace Ribbon Border punch from Stampin Up (#122362 - $25.95)



  • Use this LAce Ribbon punch for any project that calls for a bit of lace and a vintage touch! Or cut out the flower design and use it separately as a charming and delicate accent. Remember, with their sleek, space-saving design and larger size for more leverage, our punches are better than ever

My sweet friend Leanne was here too that day to create. It was her first time making cards with me. and Oh my Gosh.. she was so excited.. She just loved it! You know, I get so tickled pink when I see that happening. As you know, I love LOVE my hobby and to be able to share that with my friends is just the best! We crafted for about 4 hours straight, we talked, shared our hearts out and ate some yummy stuff + we created about 5 cards. Now how about that? I hope we can get together again ... soon :) (Hi Leanne :)


Well.. I gotta go again.. Glad I was able to post and I hope I inspired you to create some today!


Inky hugs, Pauline

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Pauline! I want to hear more about this Christmas Ball and how you made those candy cane swirls!

    BTW, congrats on your Perfect Princess pick on Freshly Made Sketches! Your card was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een pracht van een kaart heb je weer gemaakt Pauline! Ai, nu ben ik ook helemaal weg van die cupcake punch. Die werktafel nodigt gewoon uit om even plaats te nemen ... ik zou zo aanschuiven, lol! Jullie hebben al sneeuw? Het zal hier ook wel niet lang meer duren, voordat de eerste sneeuw valt. Nu toch maar heel snel de kerstdecoratie buiten aanbrengen. Stay warm!

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pauline,
    Bedankt voor je lieve bericht op mijn blog en gezellig dat je volger bent geworden:0) Ik ben natuurlijk ook eens bij jou komen buurten en ik vind je creaties prachtig! We hebben idd een geweldig leuke hobby en het bloggen is zo leuk!! Verslavend niet? Ik knutsel ook altijd aan de tafel in de woonkamer. Het is er altijd een gezellige rotzooi:0)) Veel plezier met freubelen en tot de volgende blog!
    grtz Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtige kaarten heb je weer gemaakt! Mooie kleuren en die parels geven nét dat extraatje.
    En sneeuw bij jullie! Wauw! Gaaf! hier niet, we krijgen nu pas het herfstweer met veel regen en wind.
    De bladeren hebben het opgegeven en vallen nu allemaal van de bomen...
    Laat de sneeuw maar komen, dan blijf ik lekker binnen met warme chocolademelk... :-D

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with cupcakes! real or made of paper!!! I am really starting to use my punches more as well...they have been neglected! Thanks for your kind comments too! Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Pauline,
    Nu ik je kaartje heb gezien (geweldig trouwens) zit ik er toch over te denken om deze twee stansen aan te schaffen. Vooral de Cupcake is erg leuk.
    Groetjes van Joke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with yammy cake and lace ribbon punch. So lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Punches and Dies” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline