look

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shalom by Stampin Up and me







Shalom to you dear Stampers.

I can't tell you enough how happy I am with this new Stampin Up stamp called 'Shalom'. (#121315 - $9.95)

I am sure that most of you know that the Hebrew word shalom means "peace." However, "peace" is only one small part of the meaning of shalom. "Shalom" is used to both greet people and to bid them farewell, and it means much more than "peace, hello or goodbye"....

According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom also means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full.

Yeshua (Jesus) is called Sar shalom, Prince of Peace, which perfectly describes the ministry and personality of our Messiah (Isaiah 9:6).
In other words, the word shalom is a mighty blessing!
Proverbs 18:21 tells us there is life or death in the power of the tongue. Therefore, whenever you employ the word "shalom" you are speaking into someone's life all the wonderful things that shalom means!

Numbers 6:24-26 says this: YAHWEH bless you and keep you. YAHWEH make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. YAHWEH lift up His face upon you and give you SHALOM. In the name of SAR SHALOM - the Prince of Peace.


Sorry.. I couldn't start this blogpost with just some ingredients for this card. I love it, that I can create cards with this meaning attached to it.

I used a Mojo Monday Challenge from 2 weeks ago to get the inspiration for this card. & don't you agree that the Kiwi Kiss looks so stunning together with the Concor Crush. I love it. It's just the perfect combination for this card.

Well, the sun is still out, I am going to let it touch my skin :)

Inky hugs, Pauline

2 comments:

  1. Prachtig omschreven, Pauline. Stof tot nadenken...

    En je kaart is prachtig! Mooie kleuren ook!

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous combination, Pauline! Kiwi is fantastic with Concord Crush. And I love the meaning of Shalom, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline