look

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Easy Events by Stampin Up and me











Good evening dear you.

How was your day? We had so much sun and I feel blessed. It is pretty much fall here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada these days. It is getting dark so much earlier than even a month ago. When we eat our dinner outside, then at the end of our time, we're all so cold, because the sun is already behind our house. The leaves are turning yellow and orange. It is like a second Spring with all those bright colors everywhere. I am not saying that I am ready for the cold. But I do treasure these beautiful Fall days.


Today I peeked at the Paper Players Blog Challenge #65 and I got so excited about Anne Marie's sketch. She is one clever lady (smile) Thanks Anne for the inspiration. I didn't take me long to come up with something I enjoyed making. Again I used one of the images of the Easy Events Stampin Up set. This set has 8 of the cutest images and 8 lovely sentiments that you can use on any card, even separate from the images that it comes with.

I picked the tree image with the 'sending you love' sentiment.

One of my friends is going through such a hard time with their tiny little baby girl. I don't even know what to write inside of the card, but I hope this card will bring a smile on their face. I pray God will bring peace to this little one and to her new parents. I can only imagine what it would be like to not know what is going on with your baby and to be so dependent on the doctor's wisdom and their knowledge. .

Anyway.. I pray God will be very close to all of them, for He knows how to care for what belongs to Him!


  • The colors that I picked are from Stampin Up's In Color series 2011-2013. I have to tell you, I am in love, they are beautiful. For the base of my card I used Calypso Coral card stock. + I used a piece of Pool Party DSP from the Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (#122384 - $26.95 for 40 sheets of 12''x12'' DSP double sided designs in 5 colors.)

  • And what do you think of the 3/8'' Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon. (# 122975 - $13.95 for 10 yards of ribbon) It is so easy to use and it really ads to the cuteness of this card.

  • And yes.. I couldn't help myself. Stampin Up made me do it.. it's not my fault (smile) That cute little button that you see is from the Designer Printed Brads (#122940 - $9.95 for 40 brads, 8 each of the 5 In Colors). Of course I had to dress up my card a little more.

  • That big Scallop shape that you see I got from my Stampin Up's Scallop Circle #2 die (#113469 - $24.95) that I rolled through my Big Shot. It fit's perfect don't you think?

  • And yes, you're right it is Kiwi Kiss card stock that you see. I had to use it. It is so retired, but still ads that bit of 'spice' that I wanted this card to have.

Well.. I gotta bring our kids to bed. It's that time of the day again. Enjoy the rest of your evening and I would love to hear from you.


Inky hugs, Pauline

9 comments:

  1. Let me try that again! Wonderful creation Pauline...the ruffled ribbon and the sweet mix of colours, make for one adorable card! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een beauty weer, Pauline! Mooie stempel (again!) en wat een gave kleuren heb je bij elkaar gezocht. En vooral de details maken het echt áf!
    Super!
    Denk dat de mensen voor wie je de kaart bedoeld hebt hem zeker zullen waarderen! Lief van je!

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!!! And you know I love that kiwi kiss - it really adds great pop to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun mix of colors! Love the sweet little tree and that yummy bow. Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created such a sunny card for the days that are getting shorter. These colors are so bright and cheery! Your use of the bow and brad are just the perfect finishing touches. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your friends find answers soon for their baby...that is so difficult and such an act of faith. I know your card will comfort them, it is so sweet & cheerful! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card, Pauline! I love the Kiwi Kiss! The brad is just adorable, and adds so much, as does the ruffled ribbon. I know that your friends will appreciate your card...the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! I love the colors and the simplicity of that tree. The polka dot brad was the perfect addition. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline