look

Friday, July 15, 2011

Baby Bundle thank you cards by Stampin Up and me







Happy Friday dear Stampers!




Today I went to such a sweet baby shower for my dear friend Angela. This Wednesday it will be her due date. I am so excited for her. It is one thing to carry your baby around in your tummy for 9 months, but a whole new world opens up when you can actually hold your baby in your arms. When I delivered my first 2 babies I had Becky and my mom helping me. Becky was `my`midwife`in Winnipeg. She was truly amazing. I loved giving birth at home with her, my hubby and my mom at my side. I tell you, these 3 people worked hard. I couldn`t have done it without them.

The process of pregnancy, giving birth and becoming a parent is in my humble opinion one of the most ultimate acts of worship you can give to God. As a mother you suddenly have to surrender your body to the forces that happen to you through pregnancy. + both of the parents will begin a journey of a life of sacrifices, joys, hopes and tears knowing that they can`t do it without God and their family and friends, their community. I love our community and I love how God wants to be involved in me being a mom. Anyhoo..... (smile)


Last night I suddenly got the energy (I know it was like 9 pm in the evening) to create some cards for Angela that she could use in the future. It was so sweet to see the look on her face when she received the cards. Honestly that made my day. She was so happy with them. I love when that happens. Afterwards she came to me and said that she didn`t want to use those cards, but wanted to frame them.. Oh what a sweetheart she is.. and seriously.. I could hug my card making hobby.



I have to tell you, Angela makes beautiful cards herself and I can`t wait to create again with her. & Once the baby will be out, there is no stopping us. (smile) No rush Angela :) I have patience. Our time will come. First enjoy those many many hours with your little one, day and night :)

I got my inspiration from Heather Summers baby card. It was just the right blog post to get me started. I used 8 different punches for these cards. I`m so happy I have them. They make these cards look so sharp and neat. That cute little baby outfit that you see is from the Baby Bundle Stampin Up stamp set. This set has 16 different images and sentiments. The baby sky is the limit! (120576 - $24.95) I decided (again) that the So Saffron from Stampin Up (that yellow card stock) is absolutely one color I shouldn`t put to far from my desk. It works with so many color combo`s. What a beauty. + that little tag that you see is from my Punch Bunch Stampin Up set. Isn`t it adorable. I am so happy with that set. It was just the perfect touch
to finish up this project.

Well this beauty (yes :) has to do some dishes and clean up some house. Have a wonderful weekend!


Inky hugs, Pauline

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline! The card are so sweet! I am not surprised your friend wants to frame them! Wondering what dsp is it that you used on the "bundle of love" card?
    Happy Stamping!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtige kaarten, Pauline! Heel erg sereen en mooi gemaakt.
    En je verhaal is weer mooi beschreven. Jij kunt dat zo goed, je gevoel onder woorden brengen en vooral je geloof in God. Prachtig...

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline - all of the cards are beautiful and I'm not surprised your friend wants to frame them! I will have to CASE them as well. Just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh die rompertjes; ik vind ze zó leuk en natuurlijk niet te krijgen in Nederland;
    gatver. Natuurlijk is er hier genoeg te krijgen maar dit soort dingen niet en ik zou juist zoiets als dit willen hebben. (Klinkt wel hebberig; ik weet het...)
    Ik vind je kaarten super; mooie kleurencombinaties en het papier is ook altijd super.
    Liefs; fijne zondag!
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift, Pauline! I'm sure they will be very appreciated after her new bundle arrives. You can never have TOO many thank you cards. I just love those teeny tiny oneses on the clothesline. Such a fun idea! Have a great day! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These baby cards are so pretty!!! I haven't had a need to make baby cards but thinking I should have some on hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline