look

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A super sweet Quilt card made by Stampin Up and me











Good morning dear you.

Now this is why I love to blog.. and hop over to my friends blogs.. the inspiration and idea galore is just the best. The other day I hopped over to one of my sweet blogging friends website -Christy at the SchnauzerCraft Creations!! and there she explained so well to me (and probable many others) how to create this sweet Quilt card. Thanks Christy, you're the best!

I always wondered how those people out there did it. Cutting those lines so straight, and turning them in the right size squares..

I had no idea that the answer was right in front of my eyes. My Stampin Up square 1 1/4 inch punch was patiently waiting there for me and sweetly hanging out just above my crafting desk.. How could I not have think of that? What a light bulb moment. I had a big chuckle about myself and went on in one of my left over DSP - binders (is that even a word?) and picked the right Designer Series Paper for my next project..


It is really a super easy card to make. You got to try it out!


  • Just pick at least 4 different sheets of Stampin Up Designer Series Paper in the same color combo and punch out 4 different squares (1 1/4 inch :) from each sheet.

  • Cut a piece of (pick your color) card stock at 5 x 3 3/4 inches and glue all the 12 squares to this sheet. Using a random pattern, but try to not get the same pattern next to each other.

  • Then run this piece through your Big Shot using the top note die (place the DSP side down)

  • And voila! There you have it.. This is such a great way to use up all that beautiful left over DSP paper that you had a way to hard time with throwing out! (Yip I have been there!) I just can't do it either!!!!

How fun eh! If you would like to join me on an evening or morning making some of these cards and you live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Please contact me. I would love to hang out with you.
Me and my friends get together about once a month and have the best time just creating. Some even bring their kids along.. all part of the fun and being a mom right!


I would love to hear from you.


Inky hugs, Pauline


8 comments:

  1. Ik zou wíllen dat ik in Canada woonde, Pauline. Je uitnodiging alleen al zou me bijna kunnen overhalen, hahaha!!
    Alhoewel ik vroeger als kind altijd heb geroepen dat ik naar Canada wilde emigreren, maar dat was meer op het moment dat ik iets van mijn ouders niet mocht of moest doen, je kent dat wel... Hahaha!!

    Prachtige kaart! Doet me denken aan Holland, qua kleurgebruik. Een beauty, dat is het!

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik sluit mij aan bij Sandra :)
    Je kaart is super!!!
    Ik zoek al een tijdje naar een SU-demonstratrice hier in Nederland maar nee hoor. Noppes nada. Jammer dat je niet dichterbij woont; ik had dolgraag aan willen schuiven!

    Liefs en groeten,
    Stella
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this card, Pauline!!! I love the colors and the DSP you used! It's such a great way to use up scraps that we're all guilty of hoarding. :)

    Now you'll be whipping out Top Note Quilt cards left and right. ;)

    I so wish I lived in Calgary as I'd love to get together and stamp with you. It'd be a blast, I know. I've always wanted to go to Calgary and see the Calgary Stampede, among other things. (I'm a cowgirl at heart!).

    Hugs for now and thanks for the shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een leuk idee Pauline!
    Gaaf kaartje.
    Oh boy, ik wou dat ik eens bij je aan kon schuiven om gezellig kaartjes te maken. Wat een feestje zou dat zijn!! Helaas pindakaas zit er een hele grote oceaan tussen ons in. Balen!
    Een demo in Nederland zou niet verkeerd zijn inderdaad. We keep on dreaming! Wie weet komen dromen dan ooit uit.
    lieve groetjes van Caro

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey meis, ik doe het even in het nederlands anders kom ik er helemaal niet meer uit hihi.Wat een leuke kaart heb je weer gemaakt enne ik weet het goed gemaakt...jij komt gewoon een week naar nederland en bij mij knutselen dan kom ik daarna een week bij jou....wat zou ik graag willen snuffelen bij jou su spullen ow... en gebruiken uiteraard...liefs Peet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Pauline! What a great way to use up all those scraps of DSP. Your colors combo is so bright and fun. i just love those corduroy buttons, too. I still have a bunch stashed away. Thank you for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made a few of these, but it has been awhile. Thanks for the reminder...have to use up some lonely scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline