look

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blossom Party die and Notably Ornate by Stampin Up and me










Yippeeee.. it's Saturday.. I hope you had a great start to your weekend. We sure did. The floors are clean, the rooms are half/half organised again, the kids are happy and ate their lunch and I had some time to create a card and now even post it on my blog..


What do you think of my new background.. I can't believe how easy it was to ad to my blog. I think that really need the sight of these flowers. The last couple of days it has been snowing... again... (no comment) It is grey outside.. and I am in need of some flowers and dutch flags. I couldn't locate mine. I guess it went AWOL. (sigh) Well.. to all my dutch friends: Ik hoop dat jullie een gezellige Koninginne dag hebben gehad, met veel oranje tompoezen en gezellige rommelmarkten. En doe de Koninging en Alexander en Maxima maar de hartelijke groetjes van ons hier in Canada! :)



Today I visited the Pals Paper Arts Challenge site and I saw that they encouraged us in their current challenge #91 to use a button, or 2 or 3 in our projects. I love what a button can do to a card, so off I went. I used the same kind of layout for my cards as I did yesterday. I guess it is a tiny bit different.. so I hope you don't mind.



  • For the first time I used my 'Blossom Party Stampin Up die' (#115971 - $23.95) Isn't that flower stunning. Together with the Top Note die it looks like such a professional card (smile)

  • Again I used one of the images of the Notably Ornate Stampin Up stamp set (#120561 - $21.95) + one Crumb cake SU button in the middle of the flower.

  • I also added a strip of 1/2" stitched - Poly Poppy Parade SU ribbon (#119263 - $12.25).


Well.. I think I am going to check out 'Uitzendinggemist.nl' on my computer to see what Queens day was like in Holland. I am sure it will be fun.



Inky hugs, Pauline

4 comments:

  1. Love the button center on your flower - very pretty color combo! I am usually not a fan of blog music but I LOVE your song and I always stick around to listen to it!! It makes me smile and is so going on my iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Mother's Day card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love those corduroy buttons! Perfect accent to your beautiful design. I am still amazed at how perfectly you cut out that stamp! Such a beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lady - I'm amazed by all of our color combos. Where do you get all of them from? You have been rocking these vivid combinations and I'm inspired by you! Love the way you combined a vintage stamp with a bold color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline