look

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trendy Trees and Taken with Teal by Stampin Up and me




And here it is: One of my favorite tea's. Mighty Leaf Organic African Nectar tea..
So yummy! Wish I could brew you a cup and we could chat about our favorite stamp sets and crea techniques.

Good Tuesday morning to you! Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by.

  • Last evening our dear friends moved in with us. We have an extra room in our basement, so while they are doing their renovations in the house next door, they are living with us. Oh how fun! We are already loving it. The kids are so tickled about it. They now have 2 little girls of their own age to play with, even in the morning when they're still in their pyjama's. Can it get any better? Soon they will be our neighbours.. I feel blessed to have such good friends coming to live so close to us.

After everyone was asleep in their warm and snugly beds, I went to my craft room.. Most of the day I had been cleaning and preparing the house for our friends to move in :) and I just had to create something. I had been looking at the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #182 of this week and I so wanted to play. And so I did. Together with my favorite cup of Mighty Leaf Organic Nectar tea and some real honey I went to the basement and sat down. And this is what I came up with.

  • As a base I used the Take with teal card stock. I layered it with some retired Stampin Up DSP. I also dry embossed the Kiwi Kiss card stock with my lattice embossing folder. I love texture on my cards and with my Big Shot it takes me only a couple of seconds.
  • I am sure you recognize the Trendy Trees images from Stampin Up. I hope I am not boring you with them, but I so love to use this stamp set.
  • I used the Stampin Up scallop border punch to raise the cuteness factor on my card :) Just kiddin.. But what a fun punch is that.. I should use it more often.

Well.. I gotta run. I promised Rachel to make a puzzle with her, before we have to go.

Bless you today.

Inky hugs, Pauline

8 comments:

  1. Mooie kaart, Pauline! Telkens weer een andere kaart met dezelfde set stempels, erg mooi!
    En de kleur Taken with Teal blijft 1 van mijn favorieten, jammer dattie uit de catalogus is gehaald... :-(
    Heb er nog maar een vel of 2 รก 3 van... :-(

    Fijne dag vandaag!
    Lieve groet, San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die boompjes zijn toch wel erg leuk Pauline!
    Je hebt er weer een super gaaf kaartje mee gemaakt.
    En wat gezellig dat jullie vrienden bij jullie kamperen for the time being.
    Maak er een gezellige tijd van!!

    groetjes van Caro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the CAS look of these trees. And your choice of colors definitely make me think of spring. Love the texture of the background too.
    Have fun with your friends; it will be lovely to spend some time together in your house!
    Hugs,
    Stella
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love these cards! Awesome job. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now following you from Utah!
    Stacie
    http://www.stampingwithstacie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Pauline!! Love the colors you used and the ribbon with the border punch is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pauline this card just brings a smile to my face! The colors are so happy! The ribbon and the dressed up border punch are perfect accents. Enjoy your time with your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your cards. I am following you also. Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pauline, Love the pearls on the scallop boarder! Mighty Leaf tea is one of my fave's too, tropical green tea is amazing! Thanks for your comments on my card, I'm following you now as well.

    Cheers, Andria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline