look

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Designer Flower brads and some basic Rhinestones by Stampin Up and me



Good Saturday morning dear you. How is your day going?
  • I feel like this is one of those mornings where I am trying to juggle 15 gillion things at once. But as usual it is just a beautiful chaos in our home. Our lovely kids are waking up way to early and with way to much noise for my lovely ears. then the kids want to eat breakfast, then the kids are having a bath. After that they need to get dressed, the they want to play and use their outside voices, inside this house ;) then they want a snack, but I want a shower. Then my dear husband is working on my steamed milk because his dear wife likes that better than just warmed up milk. This almost gets burned because one of the kids is not sharing something and starts screaming on the top of her lungs. Then I want to give Reuben a cuddle and tell him that he is such a good dancer, while Naomi tries to pull the hair of Rachel to get some attention.. Then our sweet Naomi is back with her hand full of markers which she intends to use on my lovely home decor. Yah.. Life in the Kolochuk home. You have to love it.

So, to escape this sweet chaos, I sneaked out of our kitchen and walked down the stairs to my little world of crafts. And as I finished my card that I had started late last night, I thought of what would be the 'best' moment for me to watch the news on Japan.. I have to admit, my heart doesn't do well when I see all that tragedy and destruction and sadness and fear in people. I thought for a second that I maybe shouldn't watch it all.. It is so depressing and I feel so powerless with it all.. But then again, I can't just ignore what is going on, in this world, that wouldn't be right... right? So I watched the news, after I finished my card..

To be honest... I don't even know what to say about it. It's just terrible.. And I wish I could do more than watch and pray and transfer money to people that are helping out there. But then again, I am a mom and I am needed here. I can't possible take the whole world on my shoulders..

So here I am.. the kids are doing their thing and I am posting my card for the day.. Like nothing happened. And I guess it's okay.. Not everything that I do in a day has to be that profound or meaningful!

I used the sketch from this weeks Mojo Monday Challenge #181 . I would have never come up with this design myself and I had to look at it many times before I had the courage to try it out. At this point, when I am writing this, there are already 228 people that have linked their blog to this Mojo Monday challenge #181. I loved seeing all their ideas. You should check it out, it's so fun.

  • I hope you'll enjoy my version. I love how the Flower designer brads and the Basic Rhinestones from Stampin Up made this card so sparkly. All the layers of the Early Espresso, Crumb cake and the Baja Breeze card stock, really turned it onto a fun and happy card to send to one of my friends.

Well.. Life is waiting again. Have a beautiful day today.

Inky hugs, Pauline

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful way to use op some scraps of DSP!
    And I love rhinestones!!
    Lovely card.

    Greetings,
    Caro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!This is beautiful!! I just love your colors and the designed paper as well as the punch detail. Thanks for joining SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Pauline! I love the colors and I just love that DSP!!! I'm hoarding my last few pieces.... LOL Hope you have a lovely weekend and that the kids give you some peace tomorrow AM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the layering on this card and your choice of papers. The flower brads and rhinestones are gorgeous; they are the icing on the cake :) Your card turned out gorgeous!
    Hugs/liefs,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline