look

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ski slope and the Vintage wallpaper textured embossing folder by Stampin Up and me






Good morning dear you.

As I am writing this blog post I am listening to my dear dad Piet de Koning who is hosting a dutch radio show in the Netherlands / Holland. He does this every Wednesday voluntary from 11 am until 1 pm our time in Canada. In Holland this is in the evening from 7 pm to 9 pm. Here is the link if you want to join me in listening to him online. RPL 107.1 FM live.

So many years ago he wrote me in one of his emails in the morning that his radio show would go live online.. I can't tell you how excited I was and still am.. To be able to hear my dad talking... the phone is just not the same. Isn't that amazing.. even though I am so so far away from Holland.. There is like a huge ocean between us .. I can still be in my home and listen to my dad's voice and all the beautiful Christian hymns and songs he picks that were recorded all through Holland. The second hour is full of classical music.. I love Bach, sometimes he puts one in his show just for me.. Yes, I feel blessed with a dad like him.

He is such a sensitive and caring and faithful man. When certain things happen in our family.. he picks out a song just for us.. he doesn't even have to share it on the radio with everyone.. we just know it.. and we feel loved.. That's so him..I don't know how he does it, so many times I sit here with tears in my eyes while I listen to him... and no way I could speak out loud after a song is done.. But my dad does it so well with so much care for the people who listen to his radio show.

Don't you have that with some songs.. they bring you right at a moment where something intense happened in your life.. Sometimes it reminds you of the good in life and sometimes of the sad things... sigh.. Maybe it's just me..

I miss him, I miss my mom.. my brother and his wife, my grandma and aunt. My mom is coming home from Russia today. She was there for 10 days to be with her friends. They are her adopted family for sure. I wish I could be there to pick her up from the airport.
Every time
she leaves to Russia she send all of us a card. Even one for her husband, my dad.. She could put the card on his pillow, but she doesn't she brings the card to the post office and a couple of days later it will be delivered to him by the mailman.. Isn't that the cutest thing ever? Yes, they rock!

Well ... all that to say.. write.. here is some info about the card I created last night.
  • As a base I used the Baja Breeze card stock. To dress it up I added a layer of Whisper White card stock and the Early Espresso card stock from Stampin Up.
  • I punched out the different circles with my many circle punches from Stampin Up.
  • For the 4th layer of my card I used the Vintage Wallpaper textured impression embossing folder of Stampin Up. I tucked it behind the last layer of my card & i It gives this card such a real nice flavor :)
  • I used a little left over Ski slope DSP from Stampin Up and matched it up with a Baja Breeze corduroy button. Love it.

This card and the ingredients almost sound like a recipe... (smile)

Well.. I hope you'll have a wonderful day wheter it is close to your family of far away from them.

Inky hugs, Pauline




2 comments:

  1. What a touching piece of journalling!!!! I love your card and the use of the one button!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Pauline! It's wonderful that you can hear your dad on the radio despite the miles that are between you. Family is so precious and even more dear when they are not nearby.

    Beautiful card and I just love that ski slope DSP - I have a few sheets of that paper I'm hoarding as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline