look

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The more the merrier with some Poppy Parade by Stampin Up and me



Good morning dear you. I hope your Sunday is cruising by beautifully.
Weekends go so fast, don't they?.. In about an hour we are going to Sienna's birthday party. She is turning 4 years old. She is the sweetest thing and we are all ready to celebrate with her.
This morning I created this card for her. Her mom loves anything with cupcakes, so this one will for sure bring a smile on her face.
Guess who else is having a party way to far away from all of us here? My hubbies mom Carolyn! Her and her husband are living the life in Mexico right now for their winter break.
  • If you read this dear Carolyn. Happy Happy birthday to you. We miss you 2 so much and can't wait to join you under the sun and give you your real birthday hug! You are one sweet and loving (grand)mother to all of us and we are so thankful you are part of our lives.

Well.. Here is the recipe for this card:

  • I used the Basic grey card stock from Stampin Up as a base for this card. Then I layered it with some Baja Breeze card stock. The red that you see is Poppy Parade.. I know I bragged about it before. This color just hits the spot! :)
  • I inked up the 2 little cup cakes from the retired 'the More the Merrier 'Hostess stamp set from Stampin Up with Early Espresso. Then I colored it in with my Stampin Up markers.
  • For the first time I used my Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch (#119275 - $22.95) Wow, what a great addition to my collection of punches. This one is so super cute.
  • I was able to frame these cute cupcakes after I used the 2-3/8 Scallop Circle punch (#118874 - $23.95) . That perfect circle that you see is not the product of my steady hand :) I used the 1 3/4 Extra Large Circle punch for that one.

Did you know that Stampin Up has over 52 different punches available ?.. I know.. it's my dream to collect them all.. (ps: don't tell my hubby about that one :)

Well.. it is almost time to go. Better get the kids ready.

Have a great Sunday everyone and maybe just like you, I am looking forward to the Mojo Monday Challenge tomorrow. So stay tuned!

Inky hugs, Pauline

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pauline - your secret about wishing to have all 52 punches is safe with me (and everyone else who reads your blog). :) Pretty card - I love the Poppy Parade on the Baja Breeze. I better get creating soon - I've been a slacker this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline