look

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fox & Friends and some Kiwi Kiss by Stampin Up and me



Hi dear you!

Don't you think this owl is super duper cute? It is from the set Fox & Friends by Stampin Up. (#117020) I can't get enough of these little critters. Especially owls.. Even Gymboree ( a children's clothing line) had the sweetest owl collection last fall.. So guess what my 2 girls were wearing in the fall ? :) Yip owl pants, owl T-shirt's and owl hair clips..

I was surfing the blog world this morning and found this fun 'Clean & Simple' Challenge-sketch -blog-website. (oh my.. now that is one word.. I am sure they never heard of in the Amazons of Brazil.. I have been in Brazil.. and memories of that period come up at the most unexpected moments :)

Anyway.. Each Friday they post a new simple sketch.. I didn't have any challenge for that day yet.. So I am excited to learn more about clean and simple looks in my cards!
Well, here we go.. Here is my first take on their Clean & simple sketch #123.
  • As a base I started of with the Tempting Turquoise card stock from Stampin Up.
  • The next layer you see is from the retired Kiwi Kiss DSP. I so love those tiny flowers.
  • On top of that there is a strip of Kiwi Kiss card stock
  • I punched out the 'flower' with my 2-3/8 Extra Large Scallop circle (#118874 - $23.95) out of the Early Espresso textured card stock.
  • Inside that flower there is the punched out Kiwi Kiss card stock circle that I did with my 1-3/4 Extra Large circle punch (#119850 - $23.95)
  • The last circle you see I punched out with my 1 3/8 circle punch (#119860 - $22.95)
  • The sentiment that is stamped on the Whisper White card stock, I punched out with my SU Word Window punch (#119857 - $22.95)

Oh.. those SU punches are just the best.. Seriously this card was created in less than 5 minutes.. Now how's that for a card! I am almost embarrassed posting it on my blog, because it almost feels like cheating :) (smile)

Take time for the things you love today!

Inky hugs, Pauline

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this is just TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those 5 minute cards, Pauline!! And the fact that you used that adorable little owl with my favorite color, Kiwi Kiss, makes this an awesome card! The Turquoise/Kiwi combo really pops - I will have to give this a whirl soon.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and encouraging me with your comments. I love seeing comments from you - it literally brings a smile to my face! Hope you're staying warm out your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for reminding me of this great set! I tend to use a set A LOT when I first get it, then forget it! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline