look

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Feathered Hope by Stampin Up and me.





Happy New year everyone.. Did you enjoy the days off with your family and friends? I hope it was a time to cherish the ones you love!

We had one interesting Christmas. On Friday, the day before Christmas, our youngest daugther started throwing up.. I had a feeling that it was going to be bad and tried to convince my hubby to wait a day with traveling for 4 hours to meet with his family in Fairmont B.C.
You have to understand this one...

Most of my friends got that same stomach flue.. and it was bad.. So if we would have anything close to what they had.. then all I wanted was just to stay home.. stay put!
Well.. that was a nice thought, but it didn't happen.. We did leave..
What a bad idea! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.. It is no fun to travel with a 18 month old who can't keep anything in...

Well.. to keep a long story short.. 11 of the 12 of us.. got the stomach flue in just 3 days!
11 people with only 2 bathrooms... sigh.. and one laundry machine... Our family gathering became a sad sad Christmas story.. But a memorable Christmas it was indeed.
What had to be a Holy night and a silent night.. turned into one.. well lets just say not so holy night... as my nerves were over stimulated and my language.. went absolutely .. South...
To bad our Christmas couldn't''t be more like that Christmas night over 2000 years ago..
But I am sure that That Christmas night would have looked way different too, if all the sheep and shepherds would have puked and had the stomach flue..
I am just saying....
I just heard yesterday that another relative got the flue after visiting my hubbies brother.. Oh men.. It is just so embarrassing..
So yeah.. You can understand that I find a bit of Holiday joy and cheer in teasing my hubby with the line: 'I told you so!'
They say that it's the worst thing to say in a marriage.'.. but I can tell you.. I can't help myself..

So yeah.. Life is starting again.. and I finally took the time to sit down and create. I made this card for a sweet friend in Holland. I hope she will enjoy it.

  • I used one of the images from 'Feathered Hope' by Stampin Up.. It is now retired.. but oh how I love these gorgeous birds being happy in their little corner of their world.
  • As a base for this card I used the Crumble cake and Melon Mambo card stock from Stampin Up as a second layer.
  • I used the retired More Mustard grossgrain ribbon.. Always a hit combined with pink.
  • I punched out that sweet silhouette with the Curly label punch from SU.. and tucked half of it under the second layer of my card.. Cute cute!
Well.. I hope your Christmas was better than mine.. I am sure it was :)

Inky hugs, Pauline

1 comment:

  1. happy new year sweety. for you and youre family. Im glad the holidays are over, so i can visit your blog again. This card is a beauty..love peet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline