look

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Teacup and Pansies by Stampin up 1995




Wow, I can't believe I used 7 different layers in this card. It was like making a puzzle. I love clean lines and balance. I think it worked pretty well with the nostalgic detailed picture of this teacup. If I would add any more details to this card it would only distract from it's beauty.. This way it worked out pretty well.

It used the now retired 'Barely Banana' card stock from Stampin up + the Kiwi Kiss and the Baja Breeze. They are so soft colors and give such a nice English feel to this card. I punched out 2 oval shapes with 2 of my SU punches + I used the 'Old Olive' 'Summer Sun' and 'Lovely Lilac' from my SU markers to color some details in this dainty cup. Not to much. Yes I tried.. but it looked terrible.

This card reminds me of Danielle Humble. My dear friend from Winnipeg. She was also my amazing Doula with our last baby girl Naomi, who is now just over a year old/young. I miss Danielle. She collects english tea cups. We would drink like little ladies our tea out of those cups. So fun. Love you, Danielle! Wish we could have tea again and stamp together!

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love the teacup with the beautiful pansies on it.

    Thank you too for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    http://www.kreateskards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card. I just love teacups.

    now following you from
    www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline