look

Friday, June 18, 2010

Seaside sketches by Stampin up



About a week ago on one rainy morning, the door bell rang. There stood a soaking wet Mail man with a parcel from Holland. Suddenly it felt like the sun was about to shine in my living room. The kids were dancing around me while I was opening it. We were so excited. It was a pracel from my dear friend Margriet de Koning. She is so amazing. She had send me nassie kruiden (some indian spices) some dutch candie.. 'dropjes' black licorice.. King Peperemunt. And some other sweet goodies! She is so so sweet. A bit of Holland and an overload of of memories came rolling in our home that day. It was hard for me not to think back of Holland that day.. Not that I am not allowed to.. But in a way it hurts so bad. I so miss my family and friends. I miss being able to make memories with them.. to see their faces. Hear their laughs, eat with them, celebrate with them.. bike with them.. It makes me even weary to write this all down.. sigh..

Anyway.. I wanted to make a card for Margriet to thank her. I wanted to give her a smile in her face.

I used a Stampin up set from the 90's. Seaside Sketches. I love how it turned out. The layers, the colors. Very cool. I used the Baja Breeze, Soft Suede an Whisper White and River Rock cardstock from stampin up. I added a Baja Breeze curderoy button at the top, which gave the card a little more balance and depth. I watercolored the 2 girls. I used the round corner punche to cut the corners + a retired Stampin up punch to add that cute corner on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline