look

Monday, June 28, 2010

Pedaling Past by Stampin up




It's my dad's birthday soon. He lives in the Netherlands with my mom and I live in Canada. I don't think this card will be in time for his birthday. There are only 4 more days left...Wowh, did my week ever go by fast. I should find a sentiment saying something like 'Happy belated birthday'. Although in The Netherlands people don't say 'Happy Birthday', the say Congratulations with you birthday and they congratulate everyone in the family. You call up the parents of the 'birthday person' and congratulate them as well.. When I immigrated 9 years ago.. it was new for me not to use 'Congratulations on cards when it was someone's birthday.

Well all that to say.. I made him this birthday card! I think he will enjoy it. He loves biking! When I still lived at home, me and my dad would go in the evenings on an hour bikeride. We took turns. He also took my mom, my brother and my sister when she was still alive. It was such a great time to connect to my dad. He has the greatest stories. I miss not being able to come to his birthday. In the last 9 years I was once on his birthday. sigh..

Anyway... I used 'Pedaling Past' from Stampin up. It is in the new Mini Summer Catalogue 2010. I couldn't pick a better set. I love it. I used the Summer Picnic Designer Paper. Love the pattern of this paper. I used some Whisper white cardstock as well as trhe Baja Breeze card stock from Stampin up. 2 'So saffron' eyelets keep the 2 different ribbons (Baja Breeze and Blue sky) nicely together.

I better get going here. I still need to write something in this card. I hope to drop this card off at the Postoffice this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline