look

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cheep talk & Sunny day from Stampin up






What a gorgeous day here in Calgary. I just opened the windows to hear the songs of the birds in our yard. Now that's music.. Really, who told them to sing so beautifully.. 'God did!!' my 6 year old son answered me. I guess I was thinking out loud.. Okay.. 'God did'! I can live with that answer. God is sure creative, you are right about that Reubs! Each bird has it's own song.. It still blows me away!

A couple of weeks ago I went to a Stampin up meeting at Colleen's home. She showed us how to make this card. It's so happy.. I have something with 'happy'. I like it.

We used the 'Sunny day' Simply scrapping' kit from Stampin up. It is loaded with coordinating die cuts, patterned paper and card stock.

For this card and book mark I used the Tempting Turquoise and the Pink Passion card stock. We used the 'Cheep talk' stampset, also from Stampin up. I colored with the Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise SU markers on the rubber and quikly stamped it on the whisper white cardstock.. That turned out so well. To add some texture to it we used some Tempting Turquoise 1/4 grosgrain ribbon to it. I love how the bookmark slides so nicely in this sleeve we made..

I punched out the flower shape with the SU scallop circle punch. On top of that I added 2 dimensionals, so the circles I added on top of the flower would be kind of lifted. Which would stop the bookmark from sliding all the way in. How clever! It wasn't that hard..

Now I just need a book to read, so I can use this cute book mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline